Latest Homophily Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online According to a new study published in the journal Evolution and Human Behavior, chimpanzees choose their friendships with others based on personality. Cognitive Biologists of the University of Vienna, Austria, and the University of Zurich, Switzerland measured chimpanzee personality in two zoos with behavioral experiments and years of observations of the animals' behavior. The experiment included 38 captive chimpanzees. They also...
Results of a new study from Queen Mary, University of London, warn against glamorizing celebrity suicides in the media Dr Alex Mesoudi, from Queen Mary's newly established Research Centre for Psychology, has found evidence that the increasing reach and influence of the media, combined with a growing number of people assigned celebrity status, could increase the probability of widespread suicide pandemics. The study is published today in the peer reviewed journal PLoS ONE. Copycat suicides...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.