Latest Homophobia Stories
Results of a new study are based on in-depth interviews with couples in heterosexual marriages as well as gay and lesbian partnerships. Women bear the brunt of being the health police in heterosexual marriages, but gay and lesbian couples are more likely to mutually influence each other´s health habits — for better or for worse. The findings are reported in the June issue of the journal, “Social Science & Medicine.” Researchers Corinne Reczek, a University of...
Research develops new scale to help measure levels of homophobic bullying A new study from Educational and Psychological Measurement (published by SAGE) found that when it comes to homophobic bullying, there could be a gender gap. While male victims are more likely to be bullied by male homophobic bullies, female victims are bullied by both males and females equally. Additionally, those surveyed for the research reported hearing a low number of verbal homophobic remarks towards gay men...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.