Latest How High Stories
By Andrew Dansby, Houston Chronicle Aug. 6--Seth Rogen won High Times magazine's Stony Award in 2007 for his work in the pothead romcom Knocked Up. He seems a likely nominee again for the award, which is given to the stoner of the year, for Pineapple Express, a film that puts Rogen on the stoner-movie equivalent of Marlon Brando's Oscar-nominated drama run in the 1950s. Those who go back with Rogen to his start on TV's Freaks and Geeks, where he played an implied stoner, aren't surprised...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.