Latest Huang Yu-yen Stories
A Taiwanese woman has won a $3,000 prize by catching roughly 4 million mosquitoes in just one month. Imbictus International, a company that makes insect traps, said that Huang Yu-yen, from southern Taiwan's Yunlin county, beat 72 rivals with a catch weighing in at just 3 pounds and 5 ounces. Her collection of mosquitoes doubled that of her nearest rival. The company sent an application to Guinness World Records asking that Huang be recognized as the world's number one killer of mosquitoes....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.