Latest Huayna Potosí Stories
Bolivia's Chacaltaya range has succumbed to the precipitous melting of glaciers, AFP reported. The site was once home to the highest ski-run in the world as it was perched on the Chacaltaya glacier nearly 17,390 feet high, but now all that remains is a rusted skilift. Only 538 square feet of snow remains on the magnificent Chacaltaya glacier. Alfredo Martinez, a veteran guide and founder of the Bolivian Andean Club, said nothing is left but a little piece of ice that is disappearing and will...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.