Latest Hubble Servicing Mission Stories
More Than 100 ATK Tools Vital in the Repair of the Hubble Space Telescope MINNEAPOLIS, May 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Alliant Techsystem's (NYSE: ATK) Reusable Solid Rocket Motors (RSRM) ignited and sent NASA's Space Shuttle Atlantis and its crew on their journey to repair and upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope. Those repairs will be aided by tools developed by ATK engineers in partnership with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. ATK's two solid rocket motors provided the main thrust at...
NASA, the IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures announced Monday that IMAX 3-D cameras will return to space to document one of NASA's most complex space shuttle operations -- the final servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope. The IMAX 3-D cameras will launch aboard space shuttle Atlantis, which is scheduled to lift off May 11. Astronauts will use the cameras to film five spacewalks needed to repair and upgrade Hubble. The IMAX footage will be combined with breathtaking detailed...
NASA scientists and a space shuttle astronaut today outlined details of a challenging mission that will repair and upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope in 2008. The Hubble servicing mission, designated STS-125, will equip the orbiting observatory with far greater capabilities than ever had before to explore the nature and history of our universe. Space Shuttle Atlantis is scheduled to lift off in August with a crew of seven astronauts and a cargo of equipment, tools and new instruments on the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.