Latest Hui Mao Stories
Researchers at Winship Cancer Institute have developed a technique for detecting an "oncometabolite", a chemical produced by some brain tumors´ warped metabolism, via non-invasive imaging. Their approach could allow doctors to know not only that a brain tumor is there, but also that it carries a particular genetic mutation. The researchers´ technique uses magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to measure a chemical, 2-hydroxyglutarate, which is scarce in normal tissues....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.