Latest Hurricane Debby Stories
By Jim Loney MIAMI (Reuters) - Debby, a tropical depression in the far eastern Atlantic, strengthened into the fourth tropical storm of the 2006 hurricane season, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Tuesday night. In its latest advisory, the Miami-based hurricane center said Debby had maximum sustained winds near 40 mph (65 kph) and was about 300 miles west of the southernmost Cape Verde islands. It was moving toward the west-northwest near 18 mph (30 kph) and some more...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.