Latest Hydrocodone Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Every year millions of people are tossing out drugs that have reached or passed their expiration dates; many could be doing so because they believe such drugs are not as potent as they once were. However, a new analysis of eight prescription drugs that have well-surpassed their discard date, some by as much as 40 years, has found that these drugs are just as potent as the day they were manufactured. Just as most consumers are...
According to a congressional testimony by the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 80 percent of the world's painkillers are consumed in the U.S. BBC News reports that Americans consume enough painkillers for each of its citizens to have 64 Percocets or Vicodin. The report said that prescription drug abuse leads to 14,800 deaths a year, which is more than what heroin and cocaine total combined. The number of those who are taking painkillers is a 600 percent increase...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.