Latest Hydroxycarbamide Stories
Treatment for sickle cell disease has largely focused on managing pain and acute complications, but current research, including several projects at Texas Children’s Hematology Center, is now aimed at developing more efficient and progressive forms of treatment that could potentially benefit patients around the world. "Traditionally, treatment for sickle cell disease has been palliative, and there have not been a lot of options to prevent long term complications," said Dr. Alex George,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.