Latest Hyksos Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The Tempest Stela is a 6-foot-tall, 3,500 year old calcite block from ancient Egypt that may just be the world's oldest surviving weather report. A new study from the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute suggests it might also hold the key to understanding the chronology of events in the ancient Middle East. The Stela has a 40 line inscription, which according to a new translation, describes rain, darkness and “the sky being...
Archaeologists are hoping to use inscriptions from Luxor's Karnak temple in Egypt as a guide to finding other ancient defensive outposts. "As we understand from the inscription at Karnak temple, the city of Tharu had two fortifications with the Nile in the middle," Mohamad Abdul Maqsoud, head of archaeological exploration in Egypt's Nile Delta and Sinai regions, told Reuters. Archaeologists have determined that Pharaohs made regular journeys through Sinai in conquests against Hittites and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.