Latest Hylaeus Stories
By Magnacca, Karl N Abstract: The 60 species of native Hylaeus bees in the Hawaiian Islands are important pollinators in native ecosystems, but they have been almost completely ignored in conservation studies. The only previous assessment of the conservation status of the individual species was not based on recent collections. Here I report on conservation status of all known species, based on collections made from 1999 to 2002. Species are arranged into six categories according to degree...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.