Latest Hypotonic hyponatremia Stories
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Samsca tablets (tolvaptan) to treat hyponatremia, an abnormally low concentration of sodium in the blood. The FDA said it approved Samsca to treat hyponatremia associated with congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosi and the syndrome of inappropriate anti-diuretic hormone secretion. The federal agency said Samsca helps raise sodium levels in the blood by removing extra body water in the urine. Patients using the drug in clinical trials had a...
DEERFIELD, Ill., Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Astellas Pharma US, Inc. today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new premixed formulation of Vaprisol: Vaprisol(R) (conivaptan hydrochloride injection) Premixed in 5% Dextrose. Discovered and developed by Astellas, Vaprisol, an arginine vasopressin (AVP) receptor antagonist, is the first and only approved drug indicated for the treatment of both euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia in hospitalized patients....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.