Latest Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii Stories
HONOLULU (AP) - Blending scientific and Hawaiian exhibits, an astronomy center atop Mauna Kea hopes to ease conflicts over the development of a volcano considered sacred by Hawaiians. When the $28 million Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii opens Thursday, officials expect its more than 300 exhibits in a 12,000-square-foot gallery to spark visitors' interest in science and provide a new tourism draw in rainy Hilo. But, as its architecture suggests, the center also strives to increase...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.