Latest Index of Ethiopia-related articles Stories
ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Ethiopia has ordered a British journalist working for Associated Press to leave the country within 24 hours, accusing him of portraying it in a bad light, state television said on Saturday. Anthony Mitchell was summoned to the foreign ministry and told to leave. "Anthony Mitchell has been asked to leave the country in the next 24 hours because of disseminating information tarnishing the image of the country despite repeated advice not to do so," the...
By David Mageria ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Abdilazik Hussein's tiny shop in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa is full to the brim with white robes, headscarves and copies of the Koran. Usually, the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan allows the 32-year-old trader to rake in the biggest profits of the year as customers snap up his goods to offer each other in celebration of the Eid al-Fitr festival. But this year, he was forced to shut shop as riot police fired tear gas and live...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.