Influenza pandemic Reference Libraries
Influenza A virus causes influenza in birds and some mammals. It is a genus of the Orthomyxoviridae family of viruses. Although the virus is uncommon several strains have been isolated from wild birds. Some can cause severe disease in domestic poultry and sometimes in humans. They are negative sense, single-stranded, segmented RNA viruses. Each subtype has mutated into a variety of strains with...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.