Latest Interacademy Council Stories
The struggling Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has given an outside science group complete control to review its rules, procedures and reports on global warming. The InterAcademy Council, a Netherlands-based organization of the science academies of 15 nations, will undertake the task of reviewing the IPCC's reports by independently choosing reviewers, a scientist close to the situation, who asked not to be named, told the Associated Press (AP). The IPCC has had several troubling...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.