Latest Interactome Stories
Canadian researchers have reported that better understanding of how proteins interact in tumors could lead to new customized treatments for patients based on their symptoms. "We approached cancer as a problem in how proteins communicate with each other -- or how proteins interact with each other in networks," Jeff Wrana of Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, who led a study published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, told Reuters Health. Researchers examined "the dynamic structure of the...
For scientists who track interactions between cell proteins, a time of reckoning has arrivedDuring the past 20 years, researchers have identified thousands of cell protein interactions, with the ultimate goal of inventorying all that occur within cells of various organisms "“ a comprehensive catalogue known as the interactome. Such information will be critical to understanding the basic mechanics of cellular life, and how malfunctions in these processes contribute to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.