Latest International Canine Semen Bank Stories
Pet owners with a desire for nostalgia are resorting to the use of frozen sperm to keep certain attributes of their pets alive. Artificial insemination using frozen sperm began in the 1960s when Carrol C. Platz Jr. and colleagues at the University of Oregon created a litter of mixed-breed puppies. Research into the method continued throughout the 1970s, and in the early 1980s, and the American Kennel Club formally endorsed its use. In 2006, the most recent year for which data is available,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.