Latest International Fund for Animal Welfare Stories
The dolphin strandings reported in Massachusetts have been a record event for the Cape Cod area. Since early January, 129 common dolphins have been found stranded on the beaches, said Katie Moore a marine mammal rescue and research manager for the International Fund for Animal Welfare. She said they were able to release 37 of 54 animals recovered alive, but 75 others were dead or had to be euthanized on the spot, bringing the death toll to 92. It is unusual, though, for so many...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.