Internet search engines Reference Libraries
A web search engine stores information about web pages that are retrieved from the Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). They are retrieved by a web crawler, which is a web browser that follows every link on a website. Meta tags are used to extract words from titles, headers, page content, or special fields. Data about the web page is stored in an index database for later inquiries. This data can...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.