Latest Interstate 280 Stories
OAKLAND, Calif., July 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bay Area's Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) fleet of roving tow trucks today expanded its territory with the addition of a new 20-mile coverage segment along Interstate 280 between State Route 92 and State Route 85 in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. The addition of the new "beat," as patrol segments are known, brings the FSP network to 79 trucks on 36 beats covering 560 miles of freeways and highways around the region. The two trucks...
By David Patch, The Blade, Toledo, Ohio Jun. 22--Was it only 52 weeks ago that the Veterans' Glass City Skyway opened to traffic? The unfinished business surrounding the mammoth bridge carrying I-280 over the Maumee River -- the idle freeway canyon beneath it in North Toledo, the unfinished landscaping, the now-excessive ramp networks at either end of the Craig Memorial Bridge -- confirm our calendars' accuracy. Yet memories of driving on the old I-280 already fade into a more distant...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.