Latest Inuit language Stories
A proposed European Union (EU) ban on the importing of seal-based products went into effect on Friday, even after Inuit groups from Canada and Greenland won a court-order to delay the legislation's enactment, according to AFP reports."The commission would like to clarify that the trade ban put in place"¦ still comes into effect today," European Commission spokesperson Maria Kokkonen told the French news agency on Friday. "However, it will not apply to the applicants in this court case...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.