Latest Iran's Department of Environment Stories
Despite tensions between their governments, wildlife experts from Iran and the West are collaborating to save endangered Asiatic cheetahs from extinction in the rugged, mountainous region of central Iran. The country is thought to host the only 60 - 100 Asiatic cheetahs that remain in the wild. The animals inhabit the unforgiving terrain of jagged peaks, gorges and arid plains in the Kuh-e Bafgh protected area in central Iran's Yazd province. Conservation groups from Britain and the U.S. are...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.