Latest Irkutsk Oblast Stories
By Oliver Bullough MOSCOW (Reuters) - A proposed Russian oil pipeline could cause permanent damage to the unique wildlife of Lake Baikal and must be stopped, scientists who conducted the state's assessment of the plan said on Thursday. The pipeline, due to run from Eastern Siberia to the Pacific coast, would hook round the northern end of Baikal -- the world's deepest lake and home to hundreds of endemic species including a rare fresh water seal. State monopoly Transneft says it...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.