Latest Isle of Mull Stories
Britain's oldest known wild golden eagle has died on the isle of Jura at age 22, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds said. The bird was banded on the isle of Mull in 1987 when it was still a chick, said Roger Broad, the society member who tagged the bird. It's actually very nice to hear about a bird that's had such a long life, and to be told about it in a situation like this when there are absolutely no suspicious circumstances whatsoever, Broad told the BBC in a story aired...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.