ISP Reference Libraries
An internet service provider or ISP is an organization or company that provides access to the internet through copper wires, phone lines, wireless, or fiber-optic cables. There are two types of ISPs, hosting and transit. The hosting ISP is like a co-location center where it will lease server space to people and smaller businesses. The transit ISP provides a large amount of bandwidth to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.