Latest ISRO Orbital Vehicle Stories
An Indian space rocket carrying an advanced communications satellite exploded in smoke and fire just seconds after lifting off from a launch pad at the Sriharikota space center in Andhra Pradesh state, about 50 miles from the city of Chennai. The Christmas Day launch of the satellite had originally been planned for December 20, but was delayed after engineers discovered a leak in one of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle's (GSLV) engines, the United News of India reported. The GSLV...
A top official said Wednesday that India will launch its first manned space mission in 2016 in an effort to match space pioneers such as Russia and the United States, AFP reported. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) had already been granted plans by the government for a human space flight project. Last year it gave the go-ahead for funding of around $2.8 billion. The agency will develop the space module for the program within four years, according to ISRO chairman K....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.