Latest It Takes a Village Stories
By Patricia Wilson WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Iowa and New Hampshire, where presidential possibles go to test the political waters, are practically foreign territory for U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum. But the Pennsylvania Republican's name keeps popping up -- in spite of a tough Senate re-election fight next year -- fed by his "never say never" response to whether he'll be a White House contender in 2008 and publication of his first book, a conservative manifesto on family and values. So even...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.