Latest Italy's Global Crop Diversity Trust Stories
Italy's Global Crop Diversity Trust says it has collected about 53,000 seed samples of the 100,000 varieties of food crops it wants to save from extinction. The biological rescue effort is designed to preserve the availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. It involves food crops from 46 nations and is one of the largest such programs ever undertaken. We are moving quickly to regenerate and preserve seed samples representing thousands of distinct varieties of critical food...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.