Latest ITU Video Coding Experts Group Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The telecommunications arm of the United Nations (UN) has approved a new video compression format that they say could drastically reduce the amount of bandwidth needed for such files. According to the Associated Press (AP), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) announced on Friday that the new codec, H.265, “would require just half the amount of data needed by its predecessor, H.264.” Furthermore, the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.