Latest IWK Health Centre Stories
RICHMOND HILL, Ontario, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Draeger Medical Canada, Inc. today announced the award of a contract to provide an advanced Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS) for the Capital District Health Authority and IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Innovian Anesthesia is the next generation of the most comprehensive information technology solution for the safe delivery and management of anesthesia. It is currently being used successfully in over 130 hospitals...
HALIFAX, July 15 /PRNewswire/ - Scientists in Atlantic Canada have found a gene that may play a role in skin aging. Researchers were investigating the genetic cause of a rare disorder known as cutis laxa type 2 (CL2), which causes skin on the hands, feet and face to be loose and older looking, as well as growth and developmental delays including effects on the brain. In the process, researchers found some interesting correlations with the synthesis of proline, a chemical associated with skin...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.