Latest J.G. Thewissen Stories
Canadian and U.S. professors are disputing each other's view of the family tree involving hippos, whales and pigs. Associate Professors Jessica Theodor of the University of Calgary and Jonathan Geisler of Georgia Southern University are disputing a recent study by Professor J.G. Thewissen of Northeastern Ohio University that says whales are more closely linked to an extinct pig-like animal, often known as India's pig or Indohyus, while hippos are closely related to living pigs. What Thewissen...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.