Latest Jackie Richter-Menge Stories
Climate scientists at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported Thursday that Arctic temperatures are on the rise again. The sea ice extent has also fallen to one of the lowest levels on record, according to NOAA's annual Arctic report card, which was prepared this year by 69 researchers in eight countries. "A return to previous Arctic conditions is unlikely," wrote the scientists in the report. "Record temperatures across Canadian Arctic and Greenland, a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.