Latest Jacquelyn Mitchard Stories
By Melanie Conklin, The Wisconsin State Journal Feb. 14--"When is the last time an unsigned band played Jimmy Kimmel?" asks Guy Benny. "I'll tell you the last time it happened: Never." The band set to change that, says Benny, is a group of Madison guys who now live in Brooklyn, N.Y.: Locksley, who are set to appear March 2 on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Benny, the band's manager and producer, bemoans that the group gets little love in its hometown, but "the guys all love Madison." The band, made...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.