Image Caption: This electron micrograph reveals the presence of hepatitis-B virus HBV "Dane particles", or virions. Credit: CDC/Wikipedia Hepatitis B: What Is It? Hepatitis simply means a swelling or inflammation of the liver. The type hepatitis that a person contracts (there are 5 common forms) affects their long-term prognosis. The most common and most severe of these different types of liver infection is Hepatitis B, which is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). It is typically...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.