Latest James Barbour Stories
James Barbour is currently starring in "A Tale of Two Cities" as Sydney Carton and definitely making an impression. In addition to performing eight weekly performances in front of audience-filled houses on the stage of the Al Hirschfeld, some of his activities include: On October 17 he was at the UN, supporting the "Stand Up Against Poverty" event by performing in front of many UN staff. The event was hosted by H.E. Miguel D'Escoto Brockmann, President of the UN General Assembly,...
By ROBERT FELDBERG It was a typical press release, announcing the cast for the new Broadway musical "A Tale of Two Cities," which begins previews Aug. 19 and opens Sept. 18 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre. The performers didn't include any big stars, but one name jumped out: James Barbour, who'll play Sydney Carton, the lead role in the adaptation of Dickens' novel of the French Revolution. In the past two years, the 42-year-old actor, a native of Cherry Hill, has been front-page tabloid...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.