Latest James Coates Stories
By James Coates, Chicago Tribune Apr. 24--Q. When I select "Internet" from the Start menu, my Web browser opens up at a microsoft.com page. How can I get it to go directly to my home page at Google? -- John Stuelpnagel A. After you've clicked on the Start button, the Internet Explorer icon at the very top of the list sometimes is set by default to go to Microsoft's support page instead of the home page that is specified by all other browser icons. Click Start and right-click on...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.