Latest James H. Davis Stories
Far from being a pipe dream years away from reality, practical technology for capturing carbon dioxide – the main greenhouse gas – from smokestacks is aiming for deployment at coal-fired electric power generating stations and other sources, scientists said here today. Their presentation at the 243rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, the world's largest scientific society, was on a potential advance toward dealing with the 30 billion tons of carbon dioxide released...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.