Latest James I University Stories
The use of an electronic smelling system capable of discriminating which tomatoes, melons or other products have a more attractive aroma is a particularly valuable aid for agro-food firms. However, existing electronic noses do not "smell" in the same way depending on the laboratory conditions, and these conditions change throughout the day and from one day to another. In order to overcome these fluctuations, researchers from the Agro-Food Quality Improvement Group at the Universitat Jaume I...
Nowadays many underwater intervention tasks are performed using tele-operated robots. However, developing an autonomous robot capable of carrying out these tasks is a challenge that the scientific community has still to overcome in the field of underwater robotics. The successful completion of such a project would allow the economic and human resources involved in this sort of intervention to be reduced, since there would no longer be any need for support boats, umbilical cables or the ROV...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.