Latest James Olson Stories
FPS Services, LLC, an affiliate of FPS Group, LLC and a Bluff Point company, today announced the rollout of its Investment Provider Xchange (IPX)TM platform. The IPX platform is a trading and recordkeeping platform focused on serving 403(b) districts, participants, and their investment providers. “IPX gives us an ease of processing that is otherwise found only in a single investment provider plan design, but with the ability to offer all of the obvious benefits sought by employers who...
A single gene may help drive tendency to risky behaviors Why are some people drawn to risky behaviors while others remain more cautious? New research with mice suggests a single gene may be key. Scientists at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle found that a neurodevelopmental gene called neuroD2 is related to the development of the amygdala, the brain's emotional center. They also found that this gene directs the formation of both emotional memory and the fear response....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.