Latest James Spotila Stories
Leatherback sea turtle hatchlings, as with other turtle species, face immense danger when emerging from their nests located on the sandy Playa Grande beach in northwest Costa Rica, where nearly forty percent of the nests are burrowed. These dangers include predation by carnivores, egg poaching, and human fishing activities. As if that was not enough, a study conducted at Drexel University provides evidence that El Nino caused by climate change is now a major threat to the already endangered...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.