Latest Jamie Laurie Stories
Football players often receive a g-force of 103 when hit during a game Head injury expert Kim Gorgens, a neuropsychologist at the University of Denver (DU), says that most concussions deliver 95 g's to the human body upon impact. G-force is a unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity. In addition, the average football player receives 103 g's when hit during a game. In comparison, the average g-force experienced by military fighter pilots is nine g's. Gorgens discussed the impact of...
By Mark Brown Barely known outside the state just a few months ago, The Flobots' single Handlebars has propelled the Denver band to national prominence. They've stayed true to their politically charged message and integrity, turning their album Fight With Tools over for nationwide distribution only after getting assurances that the record company wouldn't change a note. Lead rappers Jonny 5 (James Laurie) and Brer Rabbit (Stephen Bracket) spoke by phone recently from Tempe, Ariz., with...
By Brian Mansfield I, Flobot: Denver's six-member collective Flobots is a politically charged band for an election year. The hip-hop/funk rock troupe's debut single, Handlebars, is a top 5 hit on USA TODAY's alternative airplay chart and building at top 40 radio. Album Fight With Tools has sold more than 100,000 copies in six weeks of national release. "The thing I love most about this band is the flexibility it has to push musical boundaries," says bassist Jesse Walker, 28. "The band...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.