Latest Jan Egedal Stories
Researchers from MIT report that they have used a massive computer simulation to explain a mysterious phenomenon detected by space probes. Jan Egedal, an associate professor of physics at MIT, and colleagues explained the source of aurora-causing high-speed electrons in space in their study published in the February 26 edition of the journal Nature Physics. The finding could lead to a better ability to predict high-energy electron streams in space that could damage satellites. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.