Latest Jan Egedal Stories
Researchers from MIT report that they have used a massive computer simulation to explain a mysterious phenomenon detected by space probes. Jan Egedal, an associate professor of physics at MIT, and colleagues explained the source of aurora-causing high-speed electrons in space in their study published in the February 26 edition of the journal Nature Physics. The finding could lead to a better ability to predict high-energy electron streams in space that could damage satellites. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.