Latest Janet Nelson Stories
By JOHN REYNOLDS With unemployment locally at a nearly 20-year high, workers at Springfield-area food pantries say they are seeing a lot of first- time visitors walk through their doors. "The number of people seeking help has been gradually going up since last fall," said Janet Nelson, supervisor of the Catholic Charities' Holy Family Food Pantry. "Especially in the last four to five months, we've been noticing a lot more new individuals or families who have never been through our program....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.