Latest Jason Holmberg Stories
A Star-mapping Algorithm For The Hubble Space Telescope Also Helps Researchers Keep Tabs on Rare Animals The speckle-skinned whale shark, despite growing to lengths of up to 40 feet, is among the rarest and least understood fish species. Its name in Madagascar"”"marokintana""”means "many stars." It's fitting, then, that researchers are now tracking these filter-feeding leviathans using an innovation originally designed to help NASA map the heavens. In 2002, Portland, Oregon,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.