Latest Jasper Carrott Stories
PETE WATERMAN COVENTRY KID who has made his fortune in the pop world. Knows his way around the Midlands, having worked on the railways at Walsall. TV commitments and the fact he lives nearer Manchester than Brum could count against him. LENNY HENRY DUDLEY'S favourite son would bring a comedy touch to politics, but could make the role a standing joke if he appeared with a Comic Relief red nose on. His missus Dawn French would be a popular choice for Lady Mayoress. DAVE MOORCROFT...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.