Latest Jeff Parker Stories
By Wes Woods II CLAREMONT - A city-hired bulldozer in August cleared an area about 100- to 120-feet wide on the eastern edge of Claremont Hills Wilderness Park. The work caused more than $200,000 in damage, according to Padua Hills residents. City Manager Jeff Parker apologized for the incident and said he would meet with residents. Parker will do so at 7 tonight. He will be joined by a biologist, restoration ecologist, regulatory specialist and habitat restoration expert....
By Marthers, Paul Parker, Jeff How do liberal arts colleges decide what to pay new faculty? Do liberal arts colleges act like research universities when they seek to appoint new faculty members? Evidence shows that research universities bid aggressively for talent, using discretionary salary policies to achieve a diverse professoriate, appoint research stars, and fill vacancies in fields where market forces require differential salaries. As researchers like Ronald Ehrenberg of Cornell's...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.