Latest Jeff Plungis Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Full-body image scanners that drew the ire of privacy advocates who likened passing through them to undergoing a strip search are being removed from US airports, officials from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have reportedly confirmed. According to Jeff Plungis of Bloomberg News, the decision to end the $5 million contract between TSA and OSI Systems, developers of the Rapiscan units, came after the company...
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has called for the first-ever national ban on the use of cellphones and other personal electronic devices by drivers. The landmark recommendation comes following an investigation into an August 2010 four-vehicle crash in Missouri which resulted in two fatalities and 38 injuries, Bart Jansen of USA Today said. The NTSB board ruled that the chain-reaction collision was caused when a 19-year-old pickup truck driver named Daniel Schatz, who...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.