Latest Jeffrey Mangum Stories
Jeffrey Mangum, a scientist at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia, has been appointed Editor of the Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (PASP), a peer-reviewed scientific journal. The tenth editor in PASP's 125-year history, Mangum will continue in his position on the NRAO's scientific staff, where he has worked fulltime since 1994. PASP is a publication of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP), a nonprofit...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.